Thanks for visiting my blog to find out about the Flower Power Blanket crochetalong!
This is my first ever CAL so I’m really excited to welcome you and to invite you to join in and have fun with this easy, chunky blanket.
The crochet along starts officially on October 1 2016 and runs for just over 2 months, ending before Christmas 2016. Download the free pattern on Ravelry here.
The pattern, tutorials and blog posts will stay in place after that, so you can make the blanket at any time after that and post your progress and any questions in the Facebook group The Crafternooners, or in my Crafternoon Treats Ravelry group.
Important dates in the Flower Power blanket crochetalong (CAL)
All of these different parts of the CAL will be featured on my Facebook page, on Instagram, in the Ravelry thread and in a blog post. As we pass through each stage, I will come back and add the relevant links.
- September 9th: Deramores release of the Deramores Vintage Chunky Blanket packs. Use TREATS10 to get 10% off your pack (valid until December 31 2016).
- September 14th: Colours published for alternative yarn choices.
- September 20th: Free pattern is published and available here. This is a downloadable pattern only with no tutorials. Tutorials are published on my blog and on YouTube during the CAL.
- September 27th: Deramores vintage chunky colours and colour numbers listed.
- October 1st: Stage 1 of CAL. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- October 8th: Stage 2 of CAL. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- October 15th: Stage 3 of CAL. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- October 22nd: Stage 4 of CAL. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- October 29th: Breather week! Just have catch up and enjoy Halloween!
- November 5th: Stage 5 of the CAL. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- November 19th: Stage 6 of the CAL – the join as you go round. Photo and video tutorial will be available.
- December 3rd: We start on the border! Photo and video tutorial will be available.
This should give you plenty of time to finish the Flower Power blanket crochetalong before the mad rush towards Christmas and the holiday season!