Blocking a crochet mandala is a process that can appear both mysterious and tricky to a beginner. But, don’t worry! Its all very is easy using my top tips.
In this last video tutorial in the Meditation Mandala series, I show how to:
- Block a 100% cotton mandala, quickly and easily without any heat
- Block a crochet mandala made in 100% wool or a wool acrylic blend without washing your mandala
- Block an acrylic crochet mandala without a hot iron
Timestamps for the different ways of blocking a crochet mandala
Congratulations on sticking with the tutorials and finishing your beautiful Mandala Meditation. Its now time for that all important finishing step before putting it on display – blocking! The timestamps for the video on blocking (watch above) are here
- 0.30 Blocking a crochet mandala worked in 100% cotton yarn
- 3.51 How to block a 100% acrylic mandala
- 8.22 Blocking techniques for a 100% wool or wool blend mandala
Got questions on blocking a crochet mandala?
If you run into difficulties with any of the Meditation Mandala tutorials just add your question to the comment section under each video in YouTube. I check the comments regularly and will get back to you as soon as I can. I may feature the best questions in a Q&A video in early June 2021.
Other video tutorials in the Meditation Mandala series
- Part 1: Introduction to the materials you need, how the information is divided between the video tutorials and how to watch in slo-mo if you need to
- Part 2: Beginning your crochet mandala and working the first six rounds
- Part 3: Step-by-step guide on how to crochet rounds 7-12
- Part 4: Completing the crochet mandala by working the final 6 rounds
- Part 5: Blocking a crochet mandala made from cotton, wool or acrylic
Want to crochet more mandalas?
I love working on mandalas. Crocheting repeating patterns around the circle using simple or more complicated stitches is a great way to release your worries and focus on your crafting. Making a small intricate mandala is great for improving your crochet skills and you can also work simpler stitches and make your crochet mandalas as big as you want. Even as big as a lap blanket!
Enjoyed the mandala tutorial? Want to support my channel?
Here are some links:
- My Etsy shop where I sell my hand-dyed yarns and handmade stitch markers
- My Patreon community with subscriptions to extra content starting at $2 per month
- Send me a one off thank you via Paypal
- Buy me a coffee at and help support KIVA projects providing loans for craft businesses in areas around the world with high rates of poverty
- Buy me a book or gift from my Amazon wish list