Welcome to the third in the Meditation Mandala Video Tutorial series. In this video you can follow along the detailed, stitch by stitch demonstration of how to crochet rounds 7-12 of your mandala.
Once round 12 is complete, you can use your work as a completed crochet mandala and use it as a pretty table decoration for a vase or as a placemat. If yours is a 100% cotton mandala, you also have a very fancy wash cloth. Crochet mandalas are quick to make and would be the perfect small gift for a friend, whether they can crochet or not.
Timestamps for Part 3 of the Meditation Mandala Video Tutorial
- 0.00 Overview, reminder of materials you need, info on which colours are used in each round
- 0.38 Round 7
- 3.18 Round 8
- 4.56 Round 9
- 6.35 Round 10
- 8.32 Round 11
- 11.10 Round 12
Links to other video tutorials in the series
The instructions on how to crochet the meditation mandala as spread across five video tutorials so that you can come back to each one and find what you need. Timestamps for each video are listed in the Description box on YouTube and in the accompanying blog post:
- Part 1 – click to watch a general introduction to tell you what materials you need, how the video tutorials are organised and how to watch individual rounds at different speeds if you need to. View the accompanying blog post here.
- Part 2 – click to watch how to crochet rounds 1-6 and make a simple mini mandala that can be used as a coaster for drinks, or a face wash pad. View the accompanying blog post here.
- Part 3 – click to watch the stitches and repeats in rounds 7-12
- Part 4 – click to watch how to complete your crochet mandala by working rounds 13 to 18. View the accompanying blog post here.
- Part 5 – click to watch the all-important information about blocking your mandala to open up the lace sections, make it into a perfect circle and make sure its ready to display. View the accompanying blog post here.
Excited about making crochet mandalas?
I think crochet mandalas are great. They provide a relaxing meditation, they allow you to use up scraps of beautiful yarn and they are quick and easy to make. The Meditation Mandala has a few surprises and interesting stitches, which may have been fun for you to learn. But it you found it a bit of a challenge, you might like my simpler crochet mandala patterns:
Enjoyed the mandala video tutorial? Want to support my channel?
Here are some links:
- My Etsy shop where I sell my hand-dyed yarns and handmade stitch markers
- My Patreon community with subscriptions to extra content starting at $2 per month
- Send me a one off thank you via Paypal
- Buy me a coffee at and help support KIVA projects providing loans for craft businesses in areas around the world with high rates of poverty
- Buy me a book or gift from my Amazon wish list