Hi and welcome to the notes for Episode 22 of the Crafternoon Treats crochet podcast. You can view the episode here and below and the notes follow. To enter the mega giveaway please comment on the video on YouTube (not on this blog). I’d love your comments on the blog, its just you won’t be entering to win a prize 🙂
Welcome to the Crafternoon Treats Crochet podcast about crochet, , yarny pleasures, a teeny tiny bit of knitting, my progress with spinning and loads of lovely chat. I’m from Yorkshire in the UK. This episode is all about crochet shawls and features a mega giveaway.
Details of the shawls covered are given with time points here and on the video description. See this blog post for more information about the free crochet shawl patterns and this blog for details of the paid-for crochet shawl patterns that are included in the giveaway. If the links are not yet live, it may be that I haven’t published them yet (they will be out by December 9th). Or I’ve forgotten to come back and add the links – just have a quick check of the latest blogs and see if they are there yet 🙂
0.26 Intro chat
In this episode I will be focusing almost entirely on crochet shawls. Featured are free crochet patterns that you can download online or from Ravelry and paid patterns by some of the top crochet designers from all over the world.
This episode also has a mega giveaway to celebrate the Crafternoon Treats Crochet channel on YouTube going over 2500 subscribers. We are actually over 2,600 now, which is totally brilliant and fantastic. There is a copy of each of the paid patterns that I feature up for grabs!
Important: to enter the giveaway for the shawl patterns you need to comment on the video on YOUTUBE. (Click through the video link above.) It doesn’t matter what your comment is but please include your RAVELRY NAME. The patterns are going to be gifted via Ravelry.
Reminder about Ravelry
If you are not on Ravelry, please check it out and sign up. Its free and it is a fabulous, helpful and absorbing resource. Started by and for knitters, its now just as much about crochet and you can put your spinning projects on there too.
4.23 The free crochet shawl patterns
- 4.23 The virus shawl This is a free crochet shawl pattern but its author is unknown. View a YouTube tutorial by Bella Coco at https://youtu.be/yOQ6GBjTjO8, View a written pattern by Gifts By Helen at http://giftsbyhelen.co.uk/2016/06/virus-shawl-a-written-pattern/
- 5.26 The mega granny wrap by Sarah Shrimpton of the blog Annaboos House. Download link for pattern: http://annabooshouse.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/granny-wrap-stylecraft-blog-tour.html
- 6.10 The snowdrop shawl By Anastacia Zittel of the blog Anastacia Knits Designs and who is anastaciaknits on Ravelry. Download link for English pattern http://crochetvolution.com/archives/spring-2012-archives/snowdrop-shawl
- 14.18 The Desperately Seeking shallow sc crescent by Min G on Ravelry. Download link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/desperately-seeking-shallow-sc-crescent
- 15.35 Kerfuffle by Michele DuNaier. Download link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kerfuffle
- 16.44 Squidge by Glenda Howell. Download link: http://peppercornknits.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/squidge-crochet-shawlette.html
- 18.07 The Elise shawl by Evan Plevinski who has the store Evan’s Little Spot on Ravelry. Download link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elise-shawl
- 19.33 The Juliet shawl by Jessie Rayot who has a store called Jessie at Home on Ravelry. Download link: http://jessieathome.com/2015/03/juliette-shawl.html
20.22 – 23.12 The paid crochet shawl patterns and giveaways
The first section includes important information about the giveaway and how to enter.
Then I talk about each crochet shawl in detail:
- 23.12 The day trip scarf/shawlette by Zeina Olivier (ZootyOwl). This is a follow up to the ever-popular Road Trip Scarf, which is free on Ravelry. To buy the day trip scarf pattern go to the pattern page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/day-trip-scarf. To enter the draw for a free copy, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 25.11 Echinacea by Andree Anne Marceau (AAM Designs on Ravelry). To buy the Echinacea shawl pattern go to the pattern page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/echinacea-shawl. To enter the draw for a free copy, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 26.15 The Fireside shawl. The clever designer Briana K Designs has written a pattern for a crochet and a knitted version of this shawl. To buy the crochet Fireside shawl visit the pattern page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fireside-shawl-crochet. The knitted version is here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fireside-shawl-knit . To enter the draw for a free copy (two winners, one of each shawl) please comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 27.39 The outlander shawl by designer Lily Go is a beautiful and advanced shawl design featuring beading on the border. To buy the Outlander shawl pattern go to the pattern page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/outlander-2. To enter the draw for a free copy please comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 29.07 The dragonfruit shawl is a design from KnotTheorist on Ravelry and you can buy the pattern on Ravelry also: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragonfruit-shawl. To enter the draw for a free copy please comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 30.06 The Oliena shawl by Yarn and Style on Ravelry. To buy the pattern, visit the pattern page: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/oliena—triangular-shawl. To win a copy, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 32.10 Three beautiful shawls by Deanne of Addydae designs:
- Majura – buy at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/majura-2
- Amaroo – buy at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amaroo
- Mapleton – buy at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mapleton-2
All three shawls are included in the giveaway. To enter, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
Deanne also has a crochet podcast on YouTube! You can check out her YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUs5kJFZk2YQnSptKSnlxw
- 37.19 Crochet shawls by The Crochet Project (Joanne Scrace and Kat Goldin). Check out the Crochet Project website here: http://thecrochetproject.com . Joanne’s blog is here: http://notsogranny.com and Kat’s blog is here: http://www.slugsontherefrigerator.com
- The Abberley shawl (available only in the ebook Raw – see http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/raw ) Free digital copy included in the giveaway. To enter, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- The Fronds shawl is available to buy as a single pattern on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fronds-shawl. This is also in the giveaway. To enter, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 41.19 Crochet shawls by Sandra Paul of Cherry Heart
- The Victoria shawl (not in the giveaway) can be purchased here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/victoria-shawl-4
- Sophie – a beautiful wrap can be purchased here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sophie-35 . One copy is included in the giveaway – to enter, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 10 44.34 I talk about two crochet shawls in this section:
- The Sunday Shawl by Alia Bland can be purchased here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunday-shawl. One copy is included in the giveaway – to enter, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- The Rainbow Wing Shawl by Kaye Adolphson is available to buy on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-wing-shawl. To enter the draw to win a copy please comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
- 11 47.27 The Quasi motif shawl by Teri Libero can be bought here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/super-easy-quasi-motif-shawlette-scarf. To enter the draw for a free copy, comment on the video on YouTube and include your Ravelry name.
49.13 More giveaways
The book Modern Crochet Shawls and Wraps, a skein of my Romney lambswool, British rabbit angora and bluefaced Leicester yarn plus some coordinating minnis and some stitch markers are open to all YouTube subscribers. You don’t have to comment. I’ll draw from the entire database and contact you on YouTube to get your address for posting.
One winner will get the book, one the yarn and minis, and one the stitch markers.
59.23 Very quick update on my projects
1.02 News about upcoming podcasts
Music: Oliver Chester-Nolan. Commissioned and composed specially for the Crafternoon Treats Podcast by Oliver, a young and very talented musician and composer – https://soundcloud.com/oliverchesternolan. All other content generated and originated by Kathryn Senior of Crafternoon Treats.
Please check me out on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/crafternoontreats) or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/crafternoontreats) or in the Ravelry group – search Crafternoon Treats in groups on Ravelry.
This is a direct link to my YouTube channel – please do subscribe as I’m often running giveaways exclusively for YouTube subscribers xxx https://www.youtube.com/CrafternoonTreatsCrochet
Thanks for watching, Kathryn xxxxx
7 thoughts on “Podcast 22: Crochet Shawl-tacular!”
Great podcast, but did you know that there’s a message under it that says comments are disabled for this video? I was going to comment but it won’t let me.
Sorry Liz the giveaway was closed on the 15th December and the winners have been drawn xx Thanks for wanting to leave a comment though but the only way I could close the draw was to disable further comments x
The comments section is turned off on this video is there another way to be able to be entered into your drawing
Sorry LoriAnn the giveaway was closed on the 15th December and the winners have been drawn xx Thanks for wanting to leave a comment though but the only way I could close the draw was to disable further comments x
Kathryn, thanks so much for putting together such a great podcast!! There seems to be so many that focus on knitting but very few good ones about crochet!! I have been tempted to start one myself but i don’t think I could watch myself!! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy hearing about life on the other side of the world…and listening to your accent….we love the way you say “chunky”!!
Best wishes from Helensburgh, NSW, Australia.
Pingback: Shawls All Around – Trebles On My Mind
A very full podcast which I totally enjoyed. I would love to crochet everyone of these shawls.
Comments are closed.