Crochet bag love…
Click on the pic below to view on YouTube:
Episode 5 Crochet Bag Podcast notes
Social media links
- The new Crafternoon Treats Ravelry group for crochet chat and natter about the crochet podcast
- Crafternoon Treats on Instagram – wow, I topped 25,000 followers the other week! Fantastic, thanks to all who follow and like my ramblings!
- Crafternoon Treats on Facebook – another wow, I topped 15,000 followers last week. The two FB groups are Bagalong with Crafternoon Treats and The Crafternooners
- Crafternoon Treats on YouTube – please do go along and subscribe to my channel as there is a giveaway this week 🙂
- Crafternoon Treats (@crafterstreats) on Twitter
- @crafternoontreats on Ello
Find out more about…
The crochet sockalong patterns
- Read the blog about my first knitted sock.
- Visit Christine at Winwick Mum to find out more about the sockalong and get support for knitting your first socks.
- Download the free pattern by Elin Stoodley (@pandagourgh on instagram) for the #survivalsocks.
- Check out another free pattern for basic crochet socks.
- Look up the paid pattern for the Saunders socks by Joanne Scrace on Ravelry.
- See my previous post about the crochet sockalong.
Fat bottomed crochet bags
- The original fat bottomed bag free pattern by the late Marinke Slump ‘Wink’, of the blog A Creative Being
- Find out more about the Last Dance on the Beach blanket CAL, her final project and the subject of the Scheepjes 2016 crochet-along
- The vintage inspired fat bottomed bag
- The harmony fat bottomed bag: you can also find additional information in this followup blog post
- Yarndale 2016 – the big and lovely yarn festival held in Skipton NorthYorkshire in September
Retro granny stash bags
- The original retro granny stash bag – the quick start guide that has links to the free pattern and tutorials
- The giant seaside stash bag
- The small retro granny project bag
- The Frida’s flowers project bag (quick start guide to the pattern and free tutorials)
- The Romantic Night out evening bag (a Craftsy pattern)
- A guide to lining a bag by lining the individual squares
- Lining the Frida’s flowers project bag
- Making a big box lining for a bag
- Making a rope-like bag handle
YouTube and Crochet
Crochet tutorial sites:
Crochet podcasts (or who mention crochet):
- Cherry Heart (Sandra Paul)
- Boys and Bunting
- Forest Home Fiber Arts
- Grocery girls
- Pen, hook and needles
Ones that I haven’t watched yet so don’t know anything about them…
- Urban gypsy crochet – can’t find a link just yet…
- 24 carat crochet
- Queen’s Yard Boutique
Knitting podcasts from the UK
Knitting podcasts around the world:
There are HUNDREDS more: this is just a list of the ones I have found and watched so far. If you have favourites please drop me a line on my blog, facebook or instagram so that I can take a look 🙂 The podcasts mentioned above are all featured channels on my YouTube channel.
I’ll also be putting together a more detailed blog post with links to these podcasts and a brief overview – probably over the weekend.
This week’s giveaway
One lucky subscriber to the Crafternoon Treats YouTube channel will receive a 6-month subscription of Crochet Now! the new UK crochet magazine. Open worldwide; if you are outside the UK you will receive a digital subscription. UK residents can choose a paper subscription if they wish.
Giveaway will be drawn from the subscribers by random number generator on Thursday 21 April 2016. Find out more about this new magazine…
I hope you enjoy the crochet bag podcast… Have a happy week! Kathryn xxx
4 thoughts on “Crochet bag podcast… episode 5 notes”
Really liked this episode. So much information although I cannot recall the yarn you used for your Kinus shawl. Was it stylecraft. I am new to crochet although have the yarn ready for a ripple blanket. Big project to start with. Thank you agsin
Hi Anne – its the Linus Shawl and it was Stylecraft Special Effects DK in Foxtrot xxx
Hi Kathryn, have u tried Betsy makes podcast? She has a blog too, crochet, knitting and sewing 🙂 another lovely podcast this week I’m off to try some of your recommendations x
Great podcast! I watch most of the podcasts you mentioned and love them, but one of my absolute knitting favourites is by Katie from Inside Number 23. She is great fun and well worth a watch! Also good are Sticks and Twine (Knitting) and LegacyKnitz (Knitting). LegacyKnitz is a mother/daughter duo and is an absolute riot! I don’t know of any other crochet podcasts at the moment, but am always on the lookout. I have found some brilliant UK based yarn dyers through watching the knitting podcasts, of which my favourites at the moment are Kate Selene, Wool Barn and Rosies Moments. I received a mystery yarn box this morning from Rosies Moments (a naughty gift to myself!), which had a Peter Rabbit theme and it was just glorious.
Comments are closed.