Welcome to the Crafternoon Treats Crochet podcast about crochet, yarny pleasures, a bit of knitting and loads of lovely chat. In this episode I talk about three of my current projects, including two crochet alongs, with a bit about what I’ve been up to generally and my dyeing adventures and Etsy shop.
I am busy collecting up prizes for a grand 5000 subscriber giveaway. We have quite a way to go yet but subscriber numbers are increasing quite fast. If you would like to offer a complimentary pattern or other prize, I would be happy to feature your pattern or product and mention your pattern store, Etsy shop or website!
You can view the episode here or click through to watch it on YouTube:
My Etsy shop is at https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CrafternoonTreats
I had an update this week and some of the new and old favourites currently available include:
My blog is at www.crafternoontreats.com
I’m crafternoontreats on most social media and on Ravelry, where there is a Crafternoon Treats ravelry group.
Episode 31 Podcast Notes
In this episode I have some exciting news – which is the reason for some panic! But in a nice way. I am thrilled to have been accepted as a seller at Yarndale 2017! I’ll be going there in September to run a stall selling my hand dyed yarn and stitch markers!
I’m also having a catch up about my crochet and knitting projects including the two crochet alongs I’m joining in with:
- The CAL for the crochet and embroidered hygge wrap using yarn by Scheepjes. I’m very behind as I’m only up to week 4 and I think the CAL is up to week 11. But I think a few other people are going slow too – it’s a very time thirsty project so I’m just taking my time and enjoying it.
Find out more about the Hyggecal
This is the main webpage that takes you to the free patterns and tutorials: http://www.scheepjes.com/en/cals/scheepjes-cals/scheepjes-cal-2017/information/
- The CAL to make the Hotel of Bees shawl – #hobcal. This is the idea of Sandra (of the blog Cherry Heart) and Sam (of the blog Betsy Makes) and the shawl is beautiful. The pattern is by Christina Hadderingh of the blog A Spoonful of Yarn. Its really exciting that other people are using my hand dyed yarn to make it and I’ve donated a prize of some bee stitch markers to Sandra and Sam.
So far, I’ve completed the first section of the shawl. I’m using my own hand dyed yarn in the Whisper of Lavender and Best silk lingerie colourways. I’m going to combine those with Pewter and the lovely natural dyed yarn gifted to me by Clarisabeth of the Crochet Cakes podcast when she came to stay last month. The yarn is dyed using avocado pits for Puero Rico.
Important links about the HOBCAL
- The Hotel of Bees shawl pattern on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hotel-of-bees-shawl
- Christina’s blog: http://www.aspoonfulofyarn.com
- Sandra’s blog: http://sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.co.uk
- Sandra’s podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQFDSxVpcH0U9YsLIDhy74Q
- Sam’s blog: http://betsymakes.blogspot.co.uk
- Sam’s podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR6o1qtjl_CLfWzqElWa85g
- Alyson’s blog and podcast – Keep calm and carry yarn: https://kcacypodcast.wordpress.com
I’m also really excited that so many people are making the HOBCAL shawl with yarn that I dyed up last month… these are mostly all gone now but some will be making a reappearance as I like them so much.
My first ever knitted garment is also coming along and I am well on the way to completing the back piece. I’m really pleased and very pleasantly surprised at how easy the arm shaping has been. All that angst with the sock knitting was worth it!
My Etsy shop is doing well
At the end I talk a little bit about my Etsy shop and my continuing adventures in yarn dyeing. I’ve also been really busy on the stitch marker front and would love some feedback on new markers that you think would be useful.
Music: Oliver Chester-Nolan. Commissioned and composed specially for the Crafternoon Treats Podcast by Oliver, a young and very talented musician and composer – https://soundcloud.com/oliverchesternolan. All other content generated and originated by Kathryn Senior of Crafternoon Treats.
I’d love to receive your comments so please leave a comment here, or on my blog or check me out on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/crafternoontreats) or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/crafternoontreats) or in the Ravelry group – search Crafternoon Treats in the groups tab on Ravelry.
This is a direct link to my YouTube channel – please do subscribe as I’m often running giveaways exclusively for YouTube subscribers xxx https://www.youtube.com/CrafternoonTreatsCrochet
Thanks for watching, Kathryn xxxxx