Hello again… I seem to have been on my blog quite a bit this week, which has been really nice. I’m back again now because I had a Senior moment in the last episode (26) as I totally forgot to announce the podcast giveaways from Episode 25 and also to talk about what I was going to give away for Episode 26.
Honestly, must try harder…
So here is a very short post with the vital information and a link to a podcast shortie video (only 9 minutes) that has just gone live with this important missing information:
Podcast giveaways – the winners from Episode 25 are…
- EngineerTheCraft on Ravelry who has won the pattern by Susan Carlson of the Felted Button for the Colour Reel Blanket. This is available to buy on Ravelry in Susan’s pattern store and calls for an aran weight (worsted weight ) yarn. I love the tassles both because they look great but also because it means there is no need to weave in any ends… Yay!
- Kekoa on Ravelry who has won the pattern by Susan Carlson of the Felted Button for the Basket of Rainbows blanket. This is a paid pattern on Ravelry that is full of colour and texture and is designed for Stylecraft Special DK.
- Tinamariegirl on Ravelry who wins the Chromatic Cobbles blanket pattern, the third one very kindly donated by Susan for the podcast. You can find it on Ravelry and again it calls for a worsted (aran) weight yarn. I love the texture of this one – very unusual.
- Jackrussel2 on Ravelry who wins the gorgeous handwoven linen and cotton towel made by Inge of FibrePassion on Etsy.
- Peafizz on Ravelry who wins one skein of my hand dyed yarn in the colourway Violicious. I’ve not got any more hand dyed yarn left at the moment but I will be dyeing some soon for an update at the end of February.
Look out for a Ravelry message from me telling you about your win. If you’ve won a pattern, Susan will be in touch with you direct to send the pattern pdf. If you have won the towel or the yarn, please message me on Ravelry with your postal address and I’ll get your prize out to you next week.
The new giveaways for Episode 26
When I recorded this episode I don’t think I had known about the natural British wool that became available unexpectedly at my local mill.
As I’ve mention on the blog and the podcast, I’m helping the mill sell off an order that the original customer can’t take and I have seven different single breed yarns, two of them rare breed wools, available in my Etsy shop at the moment.
I’m pleased to say they are selling really well and I’ve had to go back to the mill to obtain more stock. I now have all of the Manx Laoghtan, which is one of the rare breed wools, so once that is gone, its gone.
It occurred to me that one ball of each type would make really good podcast giveaways for Episode 26 so that’s what I’m going to send out.
To enter please comment on the video called Episode 26-and-a-half or on the new video for Episode 27 when it goes live. Just leave a short comment and your Ravelry name.
I’ll announce the winners around the time that Episode 28 goes live in 2-3 weeks.
Have a lovely weekend and I hope to see you sometime then with the next full podcast – Episode 27 🙂