Welcome to Episode 43 of the Crafternoon Treats Crochet and Yarn podcast. Here are the new and condensed notes that I talk about in this episode 🙂 I also focus on my new Desert Irony crochet poncho pattern, which I did for the Stylecraft Blog Tour 2017 and I talk a bit about what what’s been on my hook and a couple of new projects. Later on, I highlight an important charity called Project Linus and explain a bit more about my recent niggling shoulder problem – a cloud but with a silver lining hopefully!
My podcast is on YouTube and you can view it below. This is a direct link to my YouTube channel – please do subscribe as I’m often running giveaways xxx https://www.youtube.com/CrafternoonTreatsCrochet
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/crafternoontreats
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/crafternoontreats
- Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/people/Crafternoontreats
- Ello – find me as @crafternoontreats
- Twitter – find me as @crafterstreats
We also have a Ravelry group at https://www.ravelry.com/groups/crafternoon-treats
I sell my hand dyed yarns and hand made stitch markers on my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CrafternoonTreats
My new Desert Irony Crochet poncho pattern is available at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/desert-irony-crochet-poncho
Timestamps for Episode 43
- 0.26 – 14.35 Intro and more about my new poncho pattern
- 14.35 – 28.41 What I’ve been up to with my crochet hook – some works in progress that you’ve seen before and a finished project I did for the Craftsy Crochet blog.
- 28.41 – 36.29 News about a couple of new projects I’ve sneaked in while I’ve been getting my shoulder/neck into better shape.
- 36.29 – 43.16 Information about Project Linus and the gorgeous baby blanket made by my friend Liz.
- 43.16 – end A bit more about my recent shoulder problem and why I’ve not been podcasting – and how I’m trying to see the positives that have come from this little set back.
Other useful links
This is the Ravelry page about The Flame Shawl by Annelies Baes, which was in Issue 89 of Inside Crochet. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flame-shawl-2
Give Ombre Crochet a go with this free mug cozy pattern is available on the Craftsy crochet blog at: https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2017/10/ombre-crochet-pattern/
I’m making the fingerless mittens for a future Craftsy post, so keep an eye out on Instagram to see when its published. The Forbidden fruit colourway is still available in my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/530062091/100g-forbidden-fruit-on-fabulous-four
New colourways in the Fabulous Four laceweight yarn base have also been added including (from top left to bottom right: Hothouse flower, Spring fling, Malham Tarn, Blueberry pie, Glorious autumn, Enchanted, Preen, Victoriana and Forbidden fruit (see my mitts above).
I also have some new stitch markers for sale, including the new back and front markers so useful for the poncho.
The UK website is available at: http://projectlinusuk.org.uk
The US/worldwide website is available at: https://www.projectlinus.org
The website gives more details about the project, including how to get involved, guidelines on making blankets and where to send finished blankets.
Many designers have free patterns for baby blankets that would be suitable.
Music: Oliver Chester-Nolan. Commissioned and composed specially for the Crafternoon Treats Podcast by Oliver, a young and very talented musician and composer – https://soundcloud.com/oliverchesternolan. All other content generated and originated by Kathryn Senior of Crafternoon Treats.
Thanks for watching and I’ll see you soon xxx Kathryn