The first ever Crafternoon Treats crochet podcast – woo hoo. Thank you for visiting me here at my blog and I’d love you to have a nosy and let me know what you think! I’ve been watching some knitting podcasts and I thought I would give this a whirl… So welcome to Episode 1. Hope you enjoy it (and you don’t think I look tooooooo silly 🙂
Crochet podcast notes
Some of the things I mentioned, with links to more information.
Social media links
- The new Ravelry group for the Crafternoon Treats podcast
- Crafternoon Treats on Instagram
- Crafternoon Treats on Facebook
- Crafternoon Treats on YouTube
- Crafternoon Treats (@crafterstreats) on Twitter
The Victoria Shawl pattern by Sandra Paul of the blog CherryHeart
- Buy the pattern here
- Visit Sandra’s blog here – she has a lovely knitting and crochet podcast and YouTube channel that has inspired me to give this a try.
- For the first shawl I’m using Deramores Studio DK in heather – a lovely squishy and affordable acrylic yarn that feels like merino…
- For the second shawl, its Louisa Harding Amitola, courtesy of Designer Yarns UK.
Take a look at one of Sandra’s episodes below and go subscribe to her channel – she is starting to do some spinning too…
My adventures in knitted and crocheted socks
- Read the blog about my first knitted sock.
- Visit Christine at Winwick Mum to find out more about the sockalong and get support for knitting your first socks.
- Download the free pattern by Elin Stoodley (@pandagourgh on instagram) for the #survivalsocks.
Current bagalong projects
- Join the Facebook group Bagalong with Crafternoon Treats and join us in being bag-mad…
- The sister group, by the way, is for all crochet and is The Crafternooners..
- Get the free pattern and all the tutorial links to make the Frida’s Flowers project bag and find out about the Stylecraft/Jane Crowfoot CAL group.
Another podcast mention
The other podcast that I’ve got into recently – which is mainly about knitting but also lots about yarn – is by two Canadian sisters: The Grocery Girls. This is BRILLIANT and well worth watching – see their latest episode below. I’ve subscribed to their channel to get all the updates and latest episodes.
From various places – online and offline. Mainly sock yarn as I’m keen to make more socks (mostly crocheted but maybe another knitted pair, eventually) and I want to start planning a crochet sock scrap blanket…
I’ve probably forgotten something so just drop me a line if there is anything you’d like to know…
I’ve been a bit quiet on the blog lately – the reason is that I’ve been trying out dummy runs of the podcast and learning how to use the video editing software… The podcast isn’t perfect and I hope it will improve as time goes on – I certainly had fun doing the chatting (the editing was a LOT tougher)… and I’ll be posting loads soon as I have so much catching up to do xxxxx Kathryn