Crochet bag love…
Click on the pic below to view on YouTube:
Episode 5 Crochet Bag Podcast notes
Social media links
- The new Crafternoon Treats Ravelry group for crochet chat and natter about the crochet podcast
- Crafternoon Treats on Instagram – wow, I topped 25,000 followers the other week! Fantastic, thanks to all who follow and like my ramblings!
- Crafternoon Treats on Facebook – another wow, I topped 15,000 followers last week. The two FB groups are Bagalong with Crafternoon Treats and The Crafternooners
- Crafternoon Treats on YouTube – please do go along and subscribe to my channel as there is a giveaway this week 🙂
- Crafternoon Treats (@crafterstreats) on Twitter
- @crafternoontreats on Ello
Find out more about…
The crochet sockalong patterns
- Read the blog about my first knitted sock.
- Visit Christine at Winwick Mum to find out more about the sockalong and get support for knitting your first socks.
- Download the free pattern by Elin Stoodley (@pandagourgh on instagram) for the #survivalsocks.
- Check out another free pattern for basic crochet socks.
- Look up the paid pattern for the Saunders socks by Joanne Scrace on Ravelry.
- See my previous post about the crochet sockalong.
Fat bottomed crochet bags
- The original fat bottomed bag free pattern by the late Marinke Slump ‘Wink’, of the blog A Creative Being
- Find out more about the Last Dance on the Beach blanket CAL, her final project and the subject of the Scheepjes 2016 crochet-along
- The vintage inspired fat bottomed bag
- The harmony fat bottomed bag: you can also find additional information in this followup blog post
- Yarndale 2016 – the big and lovely yarn festival held in Skipton NorthYorkshire in September
Retro granny stash bags
- The original retro granny stash bag – the quick start guide that has links to the free pattern and tutorials
- The giant seaside stash bag
- The small retro granny project bag
- The Frida’s flowers project bag (quick start guide to the pattern and free tutorials)
- The Romantic Night out evening bag (a Craftsy pattern)
- A guide to lining a bag by lining the individual squares
- Lining the Frida’s flowers project bag
- Making a big box lining for a bag
- Making a rope-like bag handle
YouTube and Crochet
Crochet tutorial sites:
Crochet podcasts (or who mention crochet):
- Cherry Heart (Sandra Paul)
- Boys and Bunting
- Forest Home Fiber Arts
- Grocery girls
- Pen, hook and needles
Ones that I haven’t watched yet so don’t know anything about them…
Knitting podcasts from the UK
Knitting podcasts around the world:
There are HUNDREDS more: this is just a list of the ones I have found and watched so far. If you have favourites please drop me a line on my blog, facebook or instagram so that I can take a look 🙂 The podcasts mentioned above are all featured channels on my YouTube channel.
I’ll also be putting together a more detailed blog post with links to these podcasts and a brief overview – probably over the weekend.
This week’s giveaway
One lucky subscriber to the Crafternoon Treats YouTube channel will receive a 6-month subscription of Crochet Now! the new UK crochet magazine. Open worldwide; if you are outside the UK you will receive a digital subscription. UK residents can choose a paper subscription if they wish.
Giveaway will be drawn from the subscribers by random number generator on Thursday 21 April 2016. Find out more about this new magazine…
I hope you enjoy the crochet bag podcast… Have a happy week! Kathryn xxx